14 July 2006

New music (sort of)

If you're like me, you end up listening to the same things over and over (and over and over) again in the car. It's all stuff you like, but does tend to become boring after a while. So, this morning I'm forcing myself out of my music rut and making a new CD for the car. (I've been putting this off in favor of listening to NPR for ages now, but there's a particular DJ on in the mornings here whose voice I simply cannot stand, so, needs must...

The playlist so far is:

No Myth - Michael Penn
Wrapped Around Your Finger - The Police
The Crying Scene - The Lightning Seeds
What Am I To You - Norah Jones
Express Yourself - Madonna
Fields of Gold - Sting
Creep - Marty Casey (yes, it's a cover, but an excellent one)
So Cruel - U2
Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinéad O'Connor
You Got It - Roy Orbison
No Woman, No Cry - Ty Taylor (another excellent cover, a bit peppier than the original)
Don't Dream It's Over (acoustic) - Crowded House
Just Like Heaven - The Cure
Limelight - Rush
Head Over Heels - Tears for Fears
Hawkmoon 269 - U2
Don't Change - INXS

I have a few other songs I'd like o add, but they've not yet been ripped from my CDs and I'm too lazy to go rooting around for them now (and won't buy a duplicate from iTunes just to save myself the trouble).

Looking back on the list, it seems a bit ballad-heavy - if anyone has some brilliant ideas of lost gems that should be added, let me know!

No comments: