14 October 2006

I heart Borat




It was like Christmas in Khazakstan when I opened my mailbox this afternoon to find Borat staring out at me.

I am really looking forward to Borat's movie, Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, in a few weeks. I'm loving seeing all the press it's getting. Last week Newsweek made my day with this article, and now, Entertainment Weekly has won me over once again with Borat on their cover.

I've' been a Borat fan for a few years no - I'm no bandwagon jumper! - I just hope the thing is taken as it should be, and does well to boot. If only Borat and Louis Theroux could get together, I'd be in heaven!

BTW, whenever people ask me what one can really do with a history degree, I now have an answer. Sacha has one from Christ's College, Cambridge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Louis Theroux too! I wondered what had happened to him...will have to get his book.