22 March 2007

I know I'm making a difference! ;-)

I have two writing classes in their last week right now. For one class, it's gone well, but the other has really struggled. it amazes me how much each class has its own personality - I have def. seen the "birds of a feather flock together" phenomenon (both for good and bad) at work in my classes! Anyhow, one of the things I do at the end of each course is ask some general review questions, like "what was your favorite assignment," "what do you know now that you wish you'd known then," etc. This morning, I got the following reply (from a struggler, as you can imagine).

What I liked most about the main class assignment was typing. I love to type although I advice the new comer's not to type too much and drop off the subject of what they are doing.

It's so nice to know I'm making a difference ;-)

1 comment:

Taminator said...

Welcome to my world as a classroom teacher, Nanci. :) Once I had a child write that the thing she liked best about me was that I was determined to teach, no matter how brainless the class may be.

Tammy